Tropical Pitcher Plants (Nepenthes)
Great plants for novices and collectors alike, Tropical Pitcher Plants are in the genus Nepenthes. Each leaf forms a long tendril on the end, which in turn gives rise to a cylindrical 'pitcher'. Our Hanging Basket sized Nepenthes are wonderful gifts for that plant-lover you know! Outdoor growing in subtropical areas during the warmer months, and excellent windowsill / terrarium plants as well. Most varieties need filtered bright light, medium-high humidity, and pure water. See our Carnivorous Plant Care pages for more detailed information. PLEASE NOTE that a few varieties may have more specific growing conditions, and we do our best to note that in the Item Description for those plants.
Photographs of specific items are for informational purposes only, and do not represent the actual plant, or even the size of the plant, that you will receive. While we do our best to oversize the plants we ship whenever possible, here are the minimum sizes for the Nepenthes that we offer; however, only items and sizes that are IN STOCK (no OUT OF STOCK items) will be displayed/available for purchase:
- Small Potted: plant up to three inches in diameter in a 3" pot.
- Medium Potted: 3- to 6-inch diameter plant in a 4" pot.
- Large Potted: 6- to 12-inch diameter plant in a 4" pot. Note that due to their extra leaf span, Large Potted plants will not be shipped with pitchers.
- Medium Hanging Basket: 3- to 6-inch diameter plant in a 6-inch hanging basket.
- Large Hanging Basket: 6- to 12-inch diameter plant in a 6-inch hanging basket.
- Extra-Large Hanging Basket: multiple Large-sized plants and/or growing points in a 6-inch hanging basket.
- Jumbo Hanging Basket - Specimen-sized plants in a 6-inch or larger hanging basket.